For updates, please see this website and/or follow sda_vb on Instagram. If you forget the website address just Google “SDA girls vb”. The teams Facebook group “Mustang Volleyball” will have updates and photos. We are moving away from email and will use the web site, Facebook and Instagram to send out updates so please bookmark them. This season we will livestream varsity matches on Periscope, the link will be posted here at the start of the season.
Getting Cleared for 2017 SDA Girls Volleyball Season
This is your warning — please get this done soon. The season begins Aug 1 (the first day of tryouts) and SDA is closed the entire month of July. Girls volleyball begins earlier than any other sport and thus has the least time to get this stuff done before the season begins. There are four hard copy pieces of documentation you need to get to Megan Thompson at SDA athletics *no later than Wednesday June 21*, after that she will be out of the office until the end of July. If you wait too long to get cleared and can’t get your clearance form done, or your physical, or your blue card — you won’t be able to try out.
Instructions for what to do are on the general SDA athletic web page: https://sites.google.com/a/sduhsd.net/sdaathletics/ if you cannot follow it, we will try to summarize below but questions should be directed to the SDA Athletic department, not your coaches.
The executive summary is: Instead of filling out all those pages in the previous athletic packet, parents and athletes will now go online and complete their athletic clearance. 4 pages will be turned in to Megan Thompson in the athletic department:
1. www.AthleticClearance.com process, producing a clearance confirmation print out
2. Physical signed by an MD, DO, PA or NP
3. Photocopy of health insurance card
4. Photocopy of June grades
Here’s what to do:
1) Complete the online “clearance process”. The website is www.athleticclearance.com Give yourself plenty of time. SDA Athletic department’s instructions are here: https://sites.google.com/a/sduhsd.net/sdaathletics/Online%20Athletic%20Clearance.docx?attredirects=0 Get a hard copy of the clearance confirmation page, you will get this at the end of the online clearance process.
2) Get your sports physical done, and get a hard copy of the physical report. The sports physical needs to be signed by an MD, a DO, and physicians assistant (PA) or nurse practitioner (NP).
3) Get a hardcopy of the front and back of your health insurance card.
4) Get a hardcopy of your June report card. They will be posted on Aeries on late June 14. You need a 2.0 GPA to participate in sports. If report cards are not ready in time Megan can help with this step.
Go in person to the Athletic office and give the hard copies of a) clearance confirmation, b) sports physical, c) health insurance card (front and back), d) June report card to Megan Thompson. Please note that she will be out of the office from June 21 through end of July.
Since there are a limited number of days to meet with Megan and give her all the stuff, and because the entire school is shut down all of July, and Tryouts begin August 1 … don’t procrastinate.
(Updated June 12 2017)
The Schedule is now posted. Note that it is tentative, it will probably change as conflicts are worked out — just warning you know so don’t get upset if and when it does! We will try to keep it updated on the website.
(Updated June 10 2017)
Looking Ahead to 2017 Schedule
Hey Gang, a note about some 2017 scheduling.
SDA VB camp will be Tues-Thur July 11-13. Sign ups on the camp page.
The fall schedule is still in flux but it appears that most of our conference (league) games will be on Wednesdays and Fridays. This is a change from the past so keep it in mind when scheduling trips, etc. — the team will have many Friday matches in September and October.
Also, the varsity team will play in Las Vegas on Labor Day weekend. The play will be on Fri 9/1 and Sat 9/2. Travel will probably be Thurs 8/31 and Sun 9/3. We need a couple parent to organize the hotels and food logistics.
(Updated May 24 2017)
2017 SDA Mustangs Summer Volleyball Camp Dates Announced!
Tentative dates for the 2017 SDA Mustang Summer Volleyball Camp are Tuesday July 11, Wednesday July 12 and Thursday July 13. More info including sign up form will be available by May 2017. For more info you can refer to last year’s sign up page since it will be very similar.
(Updated Feb 14 2017)