TENTATIVE TRYOUTS SCHEDULE (Updated October 14, 2021)
- Monday, November 8, 2021
- Tuesday, November 9, 2021
- Wednesday, November 10, 2021
at the following times and locations:
|Freshmen (9th graders)||5:30-7:00 pm||SDA Stadium|
|Upper classmen (10-12th graders)||7:00-9:00 pm||SDA Stadium|
- NOTE: dates, times, and locations are subject to change.
REGISTRATION FOR TRYOUTS
Registration for tryouts is completed via the athletic clearance process with the SDA Athletics Office. Instructions to complete clearance can be found here: https://sites.google.com/view/sdaathletics/athletic-clearance. There will be no exceptions to this policy.
- Please arrive 30 minutes early to get checked in. The start of tryouts will not be delayed to accommodate students still waiting to be checked-in at the scheduled start time.
- Players must listen to carefully to instructions from check-in volunteers in order to ensure an orderly process.
- No spectators will be allowed at either tryout location. Parents should drop off their players and return to campus at the scheduled
- At check-in, players will be asked for their grade and name so we can confirm that they have received athletic clearance. Prospective players who intend to try out must have completed online athletic clearance process, which includes physical and grades review in order to participate in tryouts. Players who have not been cleared will not be allowed to try out.
- Any COVID-related or other health and safety protocols will be determined and communicated closer to the tryout dates.
- WHAT TO BRING
- Boys should come ready to play soccer with athletic clothing, soccer socks, shin guards, and cleats. Players should also bring water.
- NOTE: absolutely no club branded gear should be worn at tryouts. SDA practice shirts are OK. There will be no exceptions to this policy.
- We also highly recommend the boys bring (non-club) warmups as temperatures in the evening might be chilly.
- All players should attend all scheduled days for their age group. If you are unable to attend for any reason, please let the coaches know ASAP.
COACH GUIDANCE FOR TRYOUTS
EXPECTATIONS FOR PLAYERS
- Attend the Mandatory Player/Parent Meetings, which will be scheduled ASAP following tryouts:,
- Sports meeting w/Athletic Director Scott Jordan: Parents & Students (location/date TBD). (Note: parents and students participating in SDA athletics must participate in at least one sports meeting with Director Jordon during the year prior to being allowed to play.) Feshman and new players should view the message from Scott Jordan here: https://sites.google.com/view/sdaathletics
- Boys soccer parents’ meeting w/the boys soccer Liaisons and coaching staff (location/date TBD). This meeting is soccer-specific, and it is critical that at least one parent attend. Players should not attend this meeting.
- Attend all team practices
- Attend all team games
- Adhere to the Player/Parent Agreement