FOR Camps and clinics etc go to bottom of page
About Lacrosse at SDA
- Spring Sport
- Please enter your athletes contact information here
Expectations for tryouts: Lacrosse is a running sport!
- Clearance: Athlete must complete a sports physical, and turn in an online clearance confirmation page to SDA Athletic Office by late January to participate in spring sports
- See Clearance Instructions for details
Note about equipment: Don’t buy expensive sticks! $40 to $60 is fine. Unless you have been playing for a few seasons. Rookies, Look for “Girls” sticks. IF the sticks are old, they may not be allowed due to rule changes. The example below is the stick on left, the string going side to side that is corkscrewed, this is not allowed, but can be fixed. The stick on right has less of a corkscrew twist, this is correct.
Goggles: “SEI” standards /These range from $30 (my suggestion) to $100
Mouth guards are about $2 up. Buy a few is better than sharing during game…yum yum!
Helmets : Few players around the league are buying girl helmets for extra protection. Helmets are called “head Gear” and are not mandatory to our league yet. Many states have mandated the use of head gear and there are 2 kinds so far, Hummingbird and Cascade . Our team has started to purchase head gear and there will be a learning curve. So far, the “Hummingbird” is the helmet we have purchased. Color white, with blue stripes.
No Contact Dates
- Date.. Last 2 weeks of June. The two-week period provides athletes a break from SDA summer sports. Coaches are not allowed to contact returning LAX players during this period.
CAMPS / CLINICS AND SKILLS CAMP thru sda foundation
1. Mustangs Skills Camp @ SDA Cost $80. / Rookies welcome! We will run “Condition-Skills Camp”
Schedule/ Time: 3:45pm to 5pm upper softball field
“Not mandatory, But, its a great tool to help build your skills. Bring running shoes, Cleats, stick, mouth guard and googles.
a. NIKE camps/ there are a bunch of them at many different times and for any level.
b. Pacific is a great camp/ clinic for younger player and rookie levels, very affordable and close to home. SD HOF Dennis Yeatman runs it.
c. ULAX lacrosse are mostly games organized thru 2 months.
d. 3D lacrosse runs some leagues and sometimes indoor.