It’s official! SDA now has a Boys’ Beach Volleyball Team!
Our exciting 2017-18 Inaugural season is now under way.
Mustang Beach has joined the San Diego Boys’ High School Beach Volleyball Fall League, with 20 committed players working hard to prepare for the season.
There are Four League Divisions, the Northern, Eastern, Western, and Southern Leagues; with 19 schools participating in this 4th year of operation.
Mustang Beach has been placed in the Eastern League Division, along with Torrey Pines Falcons, Canyon Crest, Ravens, Poway Titans, and Westview Wolverines.
Beach practices started in August, and will continue through October on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, from 4-6 PM. Temporary nets will be just North of Seaside Beach.
Matches will begin Friday, Sept 15th, and will continue for the next 4 weeks on Wednesdays or Fridays.
*Tentative Schedule of matches: (Dates may change)
- 9/15- Mustangs vs. Wolverines (LOSS)
- 9/20- Mustangs vs. Ravens Beach, 26th St. Del Mar (WIN)
- 9/27- Mustangs vs. Titans, North Seaside Beach, Cardiff
- 10/4 – 4:00 Mustangs vs. Torrey Pines Falcons at North Seaside Beach
- 10/13- Mustangs, Bye/N-L
- 10/18- Playoffs Begin! We host the first round of the playoffs this Wednesday the 18th, at the WAVE Beach facility, 3:45 pm. The address is: 15555 Jimmy Durante Blvd, Del Mar, CA 92014. This is right across from the main parking lot to the track.
- Oct. 25, 26, 27 and Nov. 1st, in OB with Final match being Individual Pairs’ Playoffs/Championships.
- Finalized dates and times for Mustang Beach will be updated.
Come on down to The Beach for beautiful fall weather, gorgeous sunsets, and exciting beach volleyball. Support your beach team.
Many thanks to Leslie Saldana of The SDA Foundation for all her advice and help getting us up and running, Bonnie Wren for website support, and Gary Sagunsky, our Girls’ Beach coach, for all his sage wisdom.