If you live locally (or will be in town on Wednesday, April 14th) we would love to host you at our Career Community Connection Day.
You’ll speak to a couple of classes for 20 minutes or so about your career. Kids will want to know how you decided to enter that field, what kind of preparation you need, or what a typical day is like.
We are looking for alumni from the following industries:
- Food service (chef, restaurant owner, etc.)
- Any industry requiring Spanish or Japanese on a regular basis
- Welding, fabrication
- Technical careers of any kind
- Theatre (lighting, sound, acting, etc.)
- Careers involved with working with the Deaf or interpreting for the Deaf within science fields (such as geology, astronomy, oceanography)
- Careers in Government
We’re also looking for these specific careers: Sociologists, Conflict Mediators, Car designers, Engineers, Lawyers, Journalists, Writers, Photographers, Editors.
In the past we’ve had members from several classes come to the campus to speak to kids about their careers. We get parents and local speakers as well, but alumni are always given a special welcome!
If you’re interested, please call (760) 753-1121, x5085 or email your Alumni Coordinator. We look forward to having you back on campus!